Connecticut Immigration Lawyers

Leete, Kosto & Wizner, LLP provides a wide range of immigration lawyer services to businesses and individuals.

We limit our practice to immigration law, and we have over 20 years of experience in this field. We offer full-service immigration lawyer representation to our corporate and individual clients before all agencies with jurisdiction over immigration procedures. Our strength is in developing a strategy for each case to achieve the client's goals. We provide our clients with step-by-step guidance to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.

Leete, Kosto & Wizner, LLP is a member of the American Immigration Lawyer Association (AILA). We are Immigration Adjudicators for the State of Connecticut, and we adjudicated every type of immigration visa petition. Our experience with the INS has given me the knowledge and experience of INS processing methods that I will use as your US Immigration Attorney. Our practice includes all areas of Immigration and Nationality law.

Our US Immigration lawyer practice places an emphasis on accessibility, personalized service and a fast turnaround on all cases. Our office files cases throughout the US and abroad on behalf of professionals, entrepreneurs, artists and entertainers, company executives, and family members.

Immigration lawyer is federal and applies equally to all states. Most immigration lawyer filings are done by mail. This allows us to successfully represent clients wherever they live or do business.

If you or a family member is interested in living in the United States, you may need someone who can help you understand U.S. immigration laws and who can help you apply for legal status. This page will help you decide if you need an immigration lawyer and what you need to know to choose a qualified lawyer or authorized representative. Lawyers will tell you what to expect up front. They will warn you of the risks and possibilities that can reasonably be expected.

How Can An Immigration Lawyer Help You?

An immigration lawyer can help you in the following ways:

  • Analyze H-1B the facts of your case thoroughly.
  • Explain all the benefits for which you may be eligible.
  • Recommend the best ways for you to obtain legal status.
  • Complete and submit your applications properly.
  • Stay current on the new laws that affect you.
  • Avoid delays and problems with your case whenever possible.
  • Discuss the status of your case with you.
  • Speak for you in discussions with the INS or represent you in court.
  • File necessary appeals and waivers.
  • Utilize the system to your advantage because he or she has the experience to do so.

How Do You Find An Immigration Lawyer Or An Accredited Representative To Assist You?

Option 1: Call the Immigration Lawyer Referral Service at: 1 (800) 954-0254. All participants of the IRLS are licensed to practice law in a state or territory of the United States and are currently a member in good standing of a State Bar Association.

Option 2: Visit or talk with the lawyer personally. Is he or she trustworthy and knowledgeable? What does the lawyer say can be done for you? How much will it cost? Ask if there is an initial consultation fee; there often is. If you are not satisfied talk to another lawyer.

Option 3: Ask about local nonprofit immigration assistance services with accredited representatives to see if you meet their low-income eligibility requirements. If you do, the assistance would be free or would require a very low fee. Make sure that they have a good reputation and that you feel comfortable with their skills. Some accredited representatives may offer only limited types of assistance.

What is an Immigration Lawyer? an Accredited Representative? the INS?

An immigration lawyer has studied the immigration laws of the United States and has graduated from law school. He or she is licensed to practice law and is regulated by the State and Federal Government. He or she can help you obtain legal status from the Immigration and Naturalization Service or represent you in Immigration Court.

An accredited immigration representative with a recognized nonprofit agency has been given permission by the U.S. government to help low-income individuals with immigration problems as long as only modest fees are charged.

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) is the government agency that handles immigration and nationality matters for foreign nationals who come to the United States. They process applications and petitions for legal status, decide who can enter and stay in the U.S., and enforce U.S. immigration laws.

This immigration information is provided for general educational purposes only. It is not intended to be relied on as legal advice. This information may not have been updated to reflect subsequent changes in the law, if any. Your particular facts and circumstances, and any changes in the law, must be considered to determine appropriate legal advice. Always consult with a competent immigration lawyer to discuss your particular situation.

 Recent News...
November 2002: Congress extends stay of H-1B workers with pending Labor Certification Applications
October 2002: INS Creates Website for Checking Status of Pending Cases.
August 2, 2002:
INS Authorizes Concurrent Filing of Green Card Applications and Immigrant Petitions.
More News >